Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting started

So, this is now my first posting on the new blog. I'm planning to write here about typical issues expatriates, who are new to the US, are dealing with.
I remember like yesterday how it has been for me and my family when we first arrived in Massachusetts almost 9 years ago. It was a completely new world, and my two sons, 7 and 4 years old at that time, didn't speak any English. My husband went to his office every day, and I spend the day in our small, rented apartment with the boys. I felt sometimes lonely - nobody there to help me figuring out even simple stuff of life like where to buy rubber boots for the boys.
Today, I'm a professional Life Coach and my passion is to help other newcomers to the United States designing their new life in this country. I hope this blog will become a useful tool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see it as a gift that I found this website today. I'm Austria, my husband is American and I am thinking about moving there but I need to get prepared.

Christiane said...

Let me know if you have questions