Sunday, March 30, 2008

Finally, a beautiful spring day in New England

Today was a beautiful early spring day, and I enjoyed being outside doing the first garden clean up work. While my husband repaired the deck, and my son played baseball with his buddy, I was raking leaves. Our neighborhood cats Romeo and Blue paid us a brief visit.

When I discovered that two beautiful rose bushes didn't survive the winter, I was a little sad. Well, on the positive side, now I can buy myself new ones.

Spring is always so late here. My friends in Austria are sending me already pictures of their blooming spring gardens, and here I just have 2 small yellow crocus. Being an outdoor person, the Massachusetts spring weather is hard on me. During nights, we still have temperatures in the 20s. It will probably be for three more weeks like that, sometimes nice, sometimes rainy and cold at night; then we will have approximately three weeks of really beautiful spring weather and in mid May the hot summer could start. At least, the birds are already coming back and enjoying us in the morning with their beautiful songs.



By the way: Recently I read an interesting article that donating to charity will increase the level of happines for the giving person. Read about it on my other blog: http://blog.coach4u.net

No comments: