Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bird feeding by hand


On Easter sunday, we decided that it is finally time for a hike again. The sun was shining brightly, though the temperatures were more on the cold side. We went to the Ipswich River
Sanctuary of the Audobon society in Massachusetts.

After about an hour hike, we suddenly came upon a couple of people, standing completely still with outstretchend hands. As it turned out, they had bird seeds on the palm of their hands, and were waiting for birds. We didn't have seeds with us, but a nice lady shared a few seeds with my boys, and soon they felt the little birdfeet trying to hold on to their hands while picking the seeds. I thought it was very nice of the lady to give my boys the seeds, and I also thought, this is a typical American behavior. In my home country Austria, most people wouldn't have shared, probably wouldn't even have noticed.




More pictures on my German blogs: http://maxi-cat.blog.de


No comments: